Thursday, May 12, 2011

See Ya! Would want to be ya!


Dear Second Years,

Can you believe it?!  You’re (almost) done- and I’m sure many first years (um…me!) are envious of you all right now!

But really, I am so thrilled for you all and I am so thankful to have had so many great teachers and mentors in my life during this grueling period.  I wish I could have spent more time with the second years, especially the few in the Delta, but you all know that finding a “healthy” work/life balance during your first year of teaching can be rough.

Sara- GULLLLLL! You are a true gem in the Delta.  Your professionalism and positive attitude are infectious.  Not to mention, you’re so damn funny!  Thank you for the continued support and advice (“take a day gul!”)  with school and natural hair.  I loved your style, personality, intellect, and the fact that you remained true to Sara no matter what.  I admire that.  I wish you the absolute best in the Windy City or wherever the wind may take you.  You’re the bomb girl!  And if your hot water is ever out again, feel free to shower at our place.

Aymi- Wow. Wow. Wow.  Hands down, my favorite Canadian.  I wish we had started hanging out at the beginning of the year, but I know things were as hectic in BelzonA as they were in the Ville.  Anyway, I envied your work/life balance (with more emphasis on the life than the work) and your LOVE for all things fun!  You are an extremely hard worker and a bit of an overachiever (face it!). J  I see a lot of myself in you.  (That’s what he said…) But seriously, we’re more alike than you realize.  And apparently, we look alike too!  LoL.  I know you’re headed to a BIG city with lots of lights, booze, men…basically all the things you love! ;)  I love your confidence and I know LJ and I will be up to Toronto to party hard with you soon enough!  Love you mucho!

To wrap this thing up, I will miss the laughter, the counseling, the potlucks, and the downright fun we had 2nd years, but I know you all will be successful in whatever it is that you decide to pursue!

Congratulations again and GOOD LUCK!

No comments: