Monday, September 19, 2011

Crowning Glory- My Hair Journey: Delta Edition!

"From dreadlocks to braids to Afros, black women have long used their hairstyle as a way to express themselves and their beliefs.  Far from superficial, their artistic collaboration relates how a new do can symbolize everything from a woman's freedom from her parents' control to a reverence for one's similarly coiffed ancestors."

In the beginning, things were good and straight!  I was happy, the students were happy, everyone was happy.  Then things started to get rocky.

The pony fro... This started around January.  I didn't have time to do anything... including my hair.
Whoa! Did I stick my finger in a socket? This madness of a fro had to be tamed...QUICK! Out of nowhere to save the day came...


Outre 100% Natural Indian! Oh yea! Unbe-weave-able!

After the sew-in-sew came the Jheri Curl? Lmao! "She's your Queeeen to beeee!" 


A mess. LoL! At least my ends are straight! Yea!

End of the Year Party! Rocking the Kinky Curly. Yea buddy.


I took a mini trip to VA and the heat didn't gel well with the Kinky Curly.  A protective style and a bun.

 Alas... I'm free again. Summer school...straight and voluminous!








Well, what do you know?!  A full 360!  Oh how I missed my straight hair. :)















**Disclaimer: Many of these "styles" were not worn outside the confines of my home. I'm not that crazy.***  :P


ALSO! Shoutout to my honey for loving me unconditionally! No matter the hairstyle! xoxo

No comments: